North Vancouver FC Scholarships
We are pleased to announce that the Club will be awarding a number of scholarships to deserving graduating U18 players. These scholarships may vary from $500 to $2000 to be used for post-secondary education within two years following graduation.
We invite all NVFC U18 players to apply for a 2020 scholarship by submitting an application to include the following criteria:
- Cover letter describing your educational plans, personal accomplishments and why you should be considered for a NVFC scholarship.
- Resume to include:
- Total number of years involved in playing soccer for NVFC along with prior years played with former Mount Seymour, Lynn Valley and Lions Gate Soccer Clubs
- If a carded referee, number of years and level achieved as a NSYSA referee.
- Any involvement as a volunteer for NVFC i.e. Assistant Coach for a younger team, volunteering at NVFC Camps, Opening Day, Showcase Displays etc.
- Your history of volunteer activities in the school and community this past year. Please outline your tasks along with the amount of time spent in the volunteer activities i.e. weekly, monthly, annually or over the summer.
- Other sport teams you are a member of. Please supply name of Head Coach and whether it’s a school based team or community team and the sport.
- Reference letters to include:
- From your current NVFC Coach
- From your high school i.e. Principal, Vice Principal, Teacher and/or Counselor
- From organization(s) you have volunteered with outside of your school
- Any additional information you may wish to include. Please note: these scholarships are not awarded based on high school grades but if you wish to include your high school transcript you may do so.
Please email your application to email@example.com
Please note the deadline for 2020 applications is Friday, January 31, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Good luck to everyone!
NVFC Scholarship Committee
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NVFC NEWSLETTER