REGISTRATION FOR TEAMS
NVFC offers two types of soccer experiences:
- NVFC Teams: volunteer-led, team-based league registration. Participants will be placed in a team based on their age and level, attend weekly sessions led by volunteer coaches and play games on the weekend throughout the Fall & Winter season.
- Development Programs: weekly supplementary programs run by NVFC's professional staff. These programs are centred on technical skills, focused development and competitive drills.
This registration overview is for NVFC Teams, and two Development Programs: U6/U7 First Kix and U5 Kickstart only. Click here to see all our Development Programs.
We cannot accept registration from any player who is currently registered with another club for the same season.
Fees & Deadlines
- Registrations are accepted until teams are full at the fee of $219
- April 15th: Deadline for registration and for transfer requests at the Early Bird Fee of $285.
- April 16th onwards: Registrations will be accepted until teams are full at the Regular Fee of $300.
U9/U10 House Select Players
- Prior to Spring Break: Registration Deadline for U9 players who were informed they will be placed on a U9 House Select team, and all returning U10 House Select players at the Early Bird Fee of $285.
U11-U18 House Players:
- April 15th Registration Deadline and for transfer requests at the Early Bird Fee of $285.
- April 16th onward - Registrations will be accepted until teams are full at the Regular Fee of $300.
U11-U18 Select Players:
- Players whose teams are announced prior to April 15th will be given a registration deadline with their acceptance procedures.
- All other players who want to be considered for Select team must be registered by April 15th
$360 - U11-U17
$335 - U18
- After April 15th - If registrations accepted
$375 - U11-U17
$350 - U18
U13-U18 Metro Players:
- The registration fee for Metro is $470 plus players may be required to purchase a mandatory player kit which will be standard across all teams.
- Players must be registered by April 15th to be considered for placement on a Metro team.
- Credit Card (Visa or MC). For those families without a credit card, the Club encourages you to purchase a prepaid Visa or MC.
- Cash. Please contact the Club Registrar at email@example.com, to make arrangements to pay in cash. Cash MUST be received within 14 days of registration.
Payment Plan Option
- For those families most affected by the current situation, NVFC is offering a Payment Plan with the objective of providing financial flexibility to registered participants. The Payment Plan consists of an original payment of $50.00 and then 4 equal instalments on July 26th, August 26th, September 26th, and October 26th.
The Club recognizes that there are families in the community for whom the registration fees pose a genuine financial hardship. We are an inclusive club, and with the support of Jumpstart, Athletics for Kids (A4K), and the generous funding of Grosvenor, we have developed a program to ensure that the registration fee alone does not prevent youth from participation in our Club.
We ask that full consideration be given to whether assistance is truly needed. Overuse of this program puts these options at risk for those who really need it.
Families requiring financial assistance, including paying by instalments, please contact the Club Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org, in confidence.
While we take and consider friend requests and team requests at the House level, we do not guarantee they will be met. The Club has many factors to consider when making teams and receiving many requests. Placement back onto last season’s team is also not guaranteed.
After team lists have been published, parents of house players who would like their child placed onto a different team can submit a house team change request form, rather than contacting Age Group Coordinator directly.
The Club will only consider requests where a player is without a former teammate, schoolmate, or friend on the team or where there is a medical issue. Once the season has kicked off, team change requests via your AGC will only be considered in extreme circumstances such as a parent's medical condition and may be difficult to accommodate.
New to Canada and aged 10 to 17?
- NVFC cannot accept registrations from International Students.
- Non-Canadian citizens may require an International Player Transfer prior to registering. Please read the International Transfer Procedure to see if this applies to you.
- Contact our Club Registrar - email@example.com if you have any questions.
NVFC Refund Policies
- Unless we are unable to offer the player a position on a Metro or Select team, registration fees are non-refundable.
- Refund requests from non-Metro and non-Select level players are accepted until September 30th and are subject to a prorated administration fee.
- All registration refund requests must be made via email to the Club Registrar at:
- A player’s jersey(s) plus shorts must be returned to the team's manager before a refund will be processed.
- No registration fee refunds will be issued because of game cancellations or field/facility closures.
- Registration fee refund requests due to injuries or illness must be accompanied by a doctor’s note.
Exceptions will be made for players:
- Who move to a higher level of play
- Who have a season-ending injury (doctor's note is required)
- Whose families unexpectedly relocate out of the the North Vancouver area.
The refunded amount may be pro-rated. Affiliation fees are non-refundable
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NVFC NEWSLETTER