The following links are meant to support our volunteer coaches in their session planning and implementation. To better develop your sessions, choose the link that corresponds to the age group and level you are coaching:
For weekly use:
- U5 KickStart Session Plans
- U6-U7 First Kix Session Plans (Saturdays)
- U8-U10 Team Development (Fridays)
- U11-U12 Weekly Conditioned Games/Session Plans
- U13-U18 Weekly Conditioned Games/Session Plans
- U9-U13 BCSPL Prep & X-Dev
General Practice Ideas
Rules and Format
NVFC strongly believes in and supports coach training and education by offering certification courses, clinics and seminars, age group-specific orientation sessions, practice and training plans, and technical support to coaches and teams at no extra cost.
Every September, the Club hosts four mandatory CSA / BCSA courses for all coaches. Course details and registration instructions will be emailed to appointed coaches close to the start of the season. You do not need to retake a course if you've completed the course in the past.
NVFC Coaching Requirements
- Age group-specific courses (head coaches)
- General courses (head coaches)
- Respect In Sport Activity Leader Online Course (all team officials)
- Police Information Check (all team officials)
Enroll in a Course
Age group-specific courses (head coach only)
Canada Soccer has made coach education more accessible by dividing all courses into two components: Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) Theory Component (Part 1) and British Columbia Soccer Association (BCSA) On-Field Component (Part 2). NVFC hosts the BCSA Part 2 component each September at the start of the season.
Follow these steps to enroll in a course:
- Create a Coach Centre account: If you already have one, please proceed to step 2.
- Register for a CSA Theory course (Part 1): You must register with the exact same name and email address registered on Coach Centre. This CSA Course is a pre-requisite for the BCSA On-Field Component (Part 2), so we recommend you complete the online theory well in advance. It may take 7-10 days for your profile to be updated with your online completion.
- Register for the BCSA On-Field practical workshop (Part 2): Search for the NVFC-hosted course that corresponds to the age level you are coaching, and use the discount codes below:
- Must complete CSA online first, then BCSA on-field part. Use the discount code below:
- U6 Active Start Code: NVFCAS
- U7/U8 Fundamentals Code: NVFCFUN
- U9-U13 Learn To Train Code: NVFCL2T
- U14+ Soccer For Life Code: NVFCS4L
General Courses (head coach only)
- Create a Locker Coach account
- Find and register for the following courses:
- Making Headway in Soccer online concussion module (free)
- Emergency Action Plan online module (free)
- Rule of Two online module (free)
- Make Ethical Decisions Training module and/or online evaluation - (effective September 2024)
Respect In Sport Activity Leader Online Course (all team officials)
- Get your free discount code by reading the instructions in the registration page
- Click here to complete
Do I have to pay for a course?
The CSA portion of the registration costs will be reimbursed after completion of the on-field NVFC/BCSA portion. For the BCSA portion hosted by the Club, please use the registration code above during registration.
Any coach wishing to further their education beyond the community stream and attend the BCSA C License should contact our Technical Director regarding reimbursement eligibility details. All coaches must register on the CSA and BC Soccer websites for any courses. New coaches will need to create a profile.
Criminal Records Check
As part of NVFC's commitment to safety and security, volunteers are required to undergo a Criminal Record Check through the BC Government's Criminal Records Review Program's eCRC online service.
When a volunteer completes the eCRC, the results are confidentially sent to NVFC. The Club will then provide the necessary Club ID and Access Code for the eCRC process via email to our volunteers. If you are volunteering and have not yet received this information, you should contact Jaki Guterres to obtain the details.
Please be aware that the procedure through NV-RCMP is no longer applicable, and that CRCs are valid for three years.
To conduct your eCRC, click below:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NVFC NEWSLETTER
Looking for something else?
Need to access your team's schedule or field set up? Click below: