No referee? Field scheduling issue?
- For mini league
games, proceed with the game with coaches from both teams refereeing
half a game each.
- For BCCSL games, if the referee has not shown 15 minutes after the designated game starting time and both teams agree to play the game, the home team will referee the first half and the visiting team will referee the second half, unless it is agreed that one person will referee the whole game. Refer to the BCCSL Guide for more info.
- For BCCSL Cup games, the game shall be abandoned and a
replay shall be scheduled by the league.
- For MSL games, if the referee has not shown 15 minutes after the designated game starting time it is recommended that coaches and managers decide on a mutually agreeable referee. Refer to the MSL Policy for more info.
The NSYSA ref assignor this season is tba.
Issues such as ref no show on weekend should try to text the NSYSA phone
line 604-363-1912 and avoid calling or leave voice mail.
They should also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after they go
home. This way, the NSYSA will have a record of everything for follow up action.
Do you want to referee soccer?The North Shore Youth Soccer Association (NSYSA) is always looking for new refs!
To understand the NSYSA Referee Program, its requirements and how to
- Minimum age for referees (small-sided games) and assistant referees is 13.
- Minimum age for a Youth Referee is 14
- Minimum age for a District Referee is 16.
register, please go to the NSYSA website: http://www.nsysa.ca/New-Refs
BC Soccer's Referee Pathway
BC Soccer's referee pathway diagram can be found: https://www.bcsoccer.net/referee-pathway