Team Coaches, Managers and Parents
The Club is primarily a volunteer-run organization. Commitment from families is vital to ensure our players have the very best possible experience.|
The Club needs a minimum of two parent volunteer coaches per team as well as a manager. At time of registration, parents should let the Club know how they can volunteer. Contact information of the team's coach(es) and manager will be displayed on the team's page on the Club's website. This information is produced exclusively for the private use of Club members. No commercial or other use of the contents is permitted. Team officials may choose to create a separate email address that used for only for Club/soccer related emails so that their personal email address is kept private. Team officials from teams that play in either the BCCSL League or the Metro Select League may also have their contact information posted on the http://www.4districtsoccer.com/
Team coaches oversee drills, teach soccer skills and the rules of the game, promote sportsmanship, facilitate small-sided games, manage team equipment, and provide players with a fun, supportive environment. Coaches are expected to complete a Coach – Code of Conduct
Managers provide information to players and parents, provide support and assistance to coaches, and distribute uniforms.
Parents provide support by attending sessions with their child, assisting coaches and managers when necessary, and giving the team positive encouragement. Parents are expected to complete a Parent – Code of Conduct
In accordance with BC Soccer requirements, all official Club volunteers who work directly with children are required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
The Club helps new parent coaches on how to coach players and facilitate games and actively promotes certified coach training.
The Club encourages parents to support the Club as volunteers according to their skills and capabilities. The Club asks volunteers for roles other than team coaches or managers to contact our General Manager - email@example.com
Volunteer Head Coach Job Description
- Must follow NVFC code of conduct and provide a positive example to the players.
- Attend any club coaches meetings, club coach development sessions, and be up to date with BCSA certification requirements and criminal record check requirements.
- Recruit and assign Assistant Coach(es) and manager and manage their responsibilities with the team.
- Responsible for parent management on your team, including setting parent expectations, guidelines, and sideline behaviour.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct organized practices for your team.
- Lead your team in all league, tournament and cup games in a sportsmanlike manner and in accordance with club playing time policies.
- Conduct yourself in an ethical manner at all times providing all players with a safe, fun, and healthy learning environment.
- Establish working relationships with the respective age group coaches above and below your teams’ level of play to help participate in the movement of players to appropriate levels of play.
- Participate in written and end of season player evaluations as requested/directed by the Technical Director
- Maintain and respect club communication protocol and report to your AGC from time to time.