PART 6 - MEETINGS OF MEMBERSHIP
Annual, General and Special Meetings:
22. The Annual General Meeting of the Club must be held at least once in every calendar year and not more than 15 months after the adjournment of the previous Annual General Meeting on a day and at a time and place within the District or City of North Vancouver to be fixed by the Board of Directors.
23. Every notice of an Annual General Meeting, a General Meeting, or a Special Meeting, shall be deemed to be given to every Member of the Club if mailed or e-mailed or handed to every Member, or if notice of such Meeting is advertised in a newspaper of general circulation in the District and City of North Vancouver or if notice of such Meeting is in a newsletter of the Club or on the Club website.
24. Every notice of an Annual General Meeting, General Meeting or Special Meeting, of the Club shall state the nature of the business of the Meeting and such notice shall be given to every Member at least 14 days before such meeting, in one of the manners set out in the immediately preceding paragraph. The order of business at an Annual General Meeting shall be as follows:
(a) Roll call
(b) Minutes of the last meeting
(c) Matters arising from the minutes
(d) Directors' reports
(e) Amendments to constitution or bylaws
(f ) Election of Directors
(g) New business
25. Only the Board of Directors may call a General Meeting of the Club for any purpose and such meeting can only be called with at least fifty percent of the Board of Directors consenting to that meeting being called.
26. The Directors of the Club, at the request of not less than ten percent of the Individual Members of the Club in good standing, shall convene a Special Meeting of the Club.
27. Any persons calling a Special Meeting of the membership of the Club pursuant to the immediately preceding paragraph shall be responsible for the administration of and preparation for that Special Meeting, including complying with notice requirements and the costs of conducting such a Special Meeting.
Procedure at Meetings:28. The rules of procedure at an Annual General Meeting, a General Meeting or a Special Meeting shall be determined by the Board of Directors. Such rules shall have at a minimum the same or similar protections as are contained in Roberts' Rules of Order. Should a dispute arise over any rule or procedure to be adopted, Roberts’ Rules shall apply.
29. A quorum for the transaction of business at any Annual General Meeting, or General Meeting shall be a majority of the Board of Directors plus at least thirty-five Individual Members.
30. A quorum for the transaction of business at a Special Meeting shall be a minimum of 10 percent of the Individual Members of the Club in good standing.
31. Only Individual Members of the Club in good standing can vote at any meeting of the Members of the Club. Each Individual Member may cast one vote when a vote is called on any matter at any Meeting. Honorary Members shall have a voice but no vote. For greater clarity, up to two legal parents or guardians can vote for each family unit of one or more Minor Players so long as each legal parent or guardian has been identified on the Minor Player’s registration form at the time of registration.