Futsal Player Development | Fall/Winter 2019/2020
Players will be able to improve and enhance their technical skills by mastering a different type of soccer: Futsal. This indoor style of playing requires quick movement of the ball, precise touches and fast decision-making. Players that feel comfortable playing high-level futsal will have an important advantage when playing on the big field. Join now!
2013 - 2010
2012/2013 - 10:20 am- 11:20am
2011 - 11:25 am- 12:25pm
2010 - 12:30 pm- 1:30pm
Fall - September 22 - December 7 - NO sessions October 13th or October 20th
Winter - January 19 - March 1 - NO sessions February 16th
Sutherland Secondary Gym
Note: Fall ONLY and Winter ONLY registrations will be accepted based on space
Registration Options - includes Academy T-shirt
Fall/Winter -$280 - 15 weeks ($18.60 per session)
Fall ONLY - $175 - 9 Weeks ($19.44 per session)
Winter ONLY - $119 - 6 Weeks ($19.83 per session)
What is Futsal?
Futsal was developed in Brazil. Over the years, it has grown a very popular game both in South America and Europe and has become a tool to develop great soccer techniques. Due to a small size ball and pitch, young players that practice Futsal become more agile, skilful and confident on the ball.
Futsal is played with 2 teams of 5 players including a goalkeeper and is played on a court similar to the size of a basketball court. The ball is smaller in size and is weighted so the bounce is reduced. The rules are closer to soccer than the British and American versions of indoor soccer.
We count with the expertise of professional futsal coaches, who have a long-time experience both playing and teaching the sport. Bring your footballers to our Futsal practices and you will see rapid improvement!
Benefits for Soccer Development
- Futsal is played with a small number of players, which allows players to have more touches on the ball which helps players to become more comfortable on the ball.
- The Futsal ball with its reduced bounce allows players to get good control of the ball without it bouncing away, which gives players a greater confidence on the ball and encourages players to be more creative on the ball.
- The Futsal ball also encourages players to pass over short distances and keep the ball on the ground as it is harder to just kick the ball in the air down field. This will help to develop good habits in players at an early age.
- Futsal is played in a small area on a fast gym surface, which will help players to improve their quickness of thought, which will allow players to make better decisions when under high pressure situations or in tight spaces in games.
- Futsal rules are closer to soccer, as there are no walls, if the ball goes out of play possession is lost, this encourages good habits as players will try to keep possession of the ball rather than take the easy option to play off the walls, or kick the ball down field knowing the ball will remain in play.
- Being in the gym creates a fun environment for young players and keeps them out of the cold, wet weather during the winter months, which will help players to remain interested in soccer and develop a passion for the sport.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NVFC NEWSLETTER