A player wishing to play up an age group must try out for the highest-level team (BCSPL at U13 and up or Gold U11/U12) in the older age group, and be in the top third of the skill/playing level for that team. A request to play up must be made in writing, by email to that Age Group Coordinator, at least two weeks prior to the published evaluation dates for the age group the player wishes to join. A committee that could consist of some or all of the following people will evaluate the request: the appropriate Age Group Coordinators, the Divisional Coordinator and the Technical Director. The committee will make a recommendation to the Board.|
No underage player can register for a team until approval to do so is given by the Board of Directors. This will be strictly adhered to. The exceptions and other factors the committee may consider in reaching a decision include the following:
Coaches should not recruit underage players. Underage players should not be invited to annual evaluations. However, if underage players wish to attend evaluation sessions, we will not deny access.
- There are no teams available for the player in his age level.
- A team in the older age group requires additional players to be viable and there are not enough players in that age group.
- The player's social maturity, motivation, commitment, physical maturity and abilities must be equivalent to the other players on the team to which he/she is seeking placement.
- The parents must be fully informed of the player's options and the pros and cons of each option.
- The Soccer Operations Committee may consult with the Age Group Coordinator and the coaches for the player's own age category.